PCA Iowa Region - President's Apex
A selection of the most recent Schonesland Porsche Club messages from the club President. Please view the Newsletters for other great information from the club and the region.
Will Macfarland - President
Memorial Day weekend is right up there with the best annual weekends for motorsports, and it always reinvigorates me. A good thing, too, as the sun is out, the skies are blue, the air is warm, and Schonesland is crackling with activity.
Local Events in June:
1) Iowa British Car Club Show – Sunday June 3, 9:00AM Registration, 3:00PM Awards, at The Picker Knows Antiques & Collectibles, 1208 Grand Ave, West Des Moines. Support our plucky enthusiast mates!
2) Longest Day Driving School – June 8-10, Raceway Park of the Midlands, with DMVR SCCA and BMW Club Iowa Chapter.
3) Schonesland Spring Tour – June 8-10. A driving tour of NE Iowa and SW Wisconsin, centered in Dubuque.
4) Schonesland Cars & Coffee – Saturday June 9, 8:00AM-9:30AM. Breakfast at Cozy Cafe Johnston.
5) Valley Junction Car Show – Thursday June 14, 5:00PM-9:00PM. Enjoy a warm weeknight on the main drag in Valley Junction. Food and beverages at The Hall during/after.
6) Schonesland Drive & Dine – Tuesday, June 19, 7:00PM-9:00PM, our monthly dinner drive is to Kaldera Restaurant in Pella, IA. Be there at 7:00!
7) Schonesland New Member Picnic – Saturday, June 23, 11:00AM-2:00PM, our annual event specifically to welcome new members! 587 157th Place, Otley, IA at Bob Timmerman and Linda Laine’s home. We’re looking for a strong showing here – a show of force for our new members! Besides, we’ll need lots of help to consume the WHOLE HOG ROAST!
National Events Upcoming:
1) Porsche Parade – July 8-14, Tan-Tar-A Resort, Lake of the Ozarks, MO. A full-week celebration of all things PCA. Nice to have it so close! We have around 20 members signed up to attend.
2) Rennsport Reunion VI – September 27-30, Raceway Leguna Seca, Monterey, CA. A factory-supported three-day weekend celebrating Porsche’s racing heritage, with some of its most iconic cars and drivers on-track.
Stay cool out there! You convertible drivers keep your hats handy!